We often receive questions about the services we offer at Avant First Assistants. For your convenience, we have collected some of the most frequently asked questions and listed them below.
Licensed surgical assistants are healthcare providers who assist surgeons during procedures in the operating room. LSAs provide essential intraoperative technical functions and assistance – including helping with exposure (clearing the field of vision for surgeons during an operation), hemostasis, and wound closure.
Surgeons may choose to have a surgical assistant aid them during surgeries for a number of reasons, including to help ensure:
- Greater efficiency and less anxiety by being able to anticipate and fulfill a surgeon’s needs
- Shorter procedure times, freeing surgeons up for additional procedures or clinic hours
- Less time spent under anesthesia for patients
- A streamlined surgery schedule
- The safest and best possible patient outcomes
Do you have a question not answered here? Call the Avant First Assistants business office in Sugar Land, Texas, at (713) 725-9368 – we’re always happy to help.